When You visit the Site or send Us e-mails, You are communicating with Us electronically. You consent to receive communications from Us electronically. We may communicate with You by e-mail or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that We provide to You electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You agree to provide us with, and to maintain in Your account profile, Your current and active email address.
The Information We Collect
1. Information You Provide.
(a) When you sign up at the Site for the Services you provide us with access to your profile information from social networking site(s) to which you provide us with access. You may choose to supplement this information with additional profile information and product and service usage information after your initial registration. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you. We may also supplement the information you provide with information we receive from third parties.
(b) When you send email or other communications to us for customer service or other reasons, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Services.
2. Transactional Information. We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on the Site. If you do not want us to store your payment source account information, please contact our privacy team to have it removed.
4. Clear GIFS. We also employ a software technology called “clear gifs” (also known as “web beacons” or “web bugs”) that helps us better manage content on the Site by providing us feedback as to what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on a website page, web-based document or email message and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to confirm receipt of, and response to, our emails, including those that you forward to other recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see the “Opt-out” section below.
5. Site Information. Due to communications standards on the internet, when you visit the Site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Site. Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on our Site. We also receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system, as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled.
6. Site Analytics. We analyze your use of the Site with third party software that allows us to monitor and record your navigation of the Site, in order to better customize our offerings and improve our products.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience. Here are some of the details on how we do that:
1. To Manage the Services. We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support. We use the information to enforce our Terms. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity.
2. To Contact You. We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. You may opt out of all communications except essential updates as described in the “Opt Out” section below. We may include content you see on the Site in the emails we send to you.
4. To Serve Advertisements. We occasionally pair advertisements we serve with relevant information we have about you to make advertisements more interesting and more tailored to you.
5. To Advertise Our Services. We may ask third party advertisers to display advertisements promoting our services. We may ask them to deliver those advertisements based upon the presence of a cookie, but in doing so we will not share any other information with the advertiser.
6. To Offer Joint Services. We may provide services jointly with other companies. If you use these services, we may share your information to facilitate that service.
7. Association with Personally Identifiable Information. We may associate your online navigational information and transactional information gathered by cookies and clear gifs to your personally identifiable information. We associate this information only for our purposes, to deliver services and products to you, to improve our business and to market our products and services through email, mobile advertising, direct mail and other media. The association of navigational information, cookies, clear gifs and personally identifiable information results in a more personalized experience on the Site that is tailored to your interests.
How the Information We Collect May Be Shared
1. Promotional Partners. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as described in this policy. We will also not share other personal information not published to your profile or generated through engagement with other Services without your explicit consent or to carry out your instructions unless disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to (i) comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (ii) enforce this policy; (iii) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a Site user, individual, or governmental agency; (iv) respond to customer service inquiries; or (v) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Company, Site and Services users or the public.
2. Public Profile. The Site may offer a “public profile” feature that allows users to publish portions of their profile to the public internet. This public profile will be crawled by and displayed through search engines when someone searches for your name. When this feature is available, you will be able to opt-out of it by editing your account settings; however, we do not warrant how often third-party search engines will update their caches, which may contain old public profile information.
3. Testimonials and Advertisements. If you provide any testimonials about the products or services advertised on the Site, we may post those testimonials and examples of advertisements you place in connection with our promotion of these services to third parties. Testimonials and advertisements may include your name and other personal information that you have provided.
4. Advertising and Endorsements. In order to deliver relevant and valuable ads to you and your network, we may use your name and profile photo in connection with social advertising based on content shared on the Site. This advertising may include the fact that you have recommended or endorsed a product or service on the Site, followed a company, established or added content to your profile, etc., and will only be displayed to other users of the Site. You can opt out of allowing your name and/or profile photo being used in social ads by contacting our privacy team.
6. Business Transfers. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale or other transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including our associated customer lists containing your personal information).
7. Non-Private or Non-Personal Information. We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information about the usage of the Site or the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on the Site.
8. We may use Your personally identifiable information to register You to use a Mevvy Site or and Services; to deliver certain services; to provide notices regarding services or documents You have purchased or licensed; to verify Your authority to enter or utilize a Mevvy Site or Service; to improve the Content and general administration of a Mevvy Site and our Services and display targeted advertising on or through a Mevvy Site; and to contact You, including by email or telephone. We may use Your email address, physical address, telephone number, and Mevvy messaging system to contact You, without further consent, for administrative communications, to address copyright infringement or defamation or other violations of Terms of Service issues, or to contact You regarding Your membership, subscription, or any Content that You have posted to or downloaded from the Site. Users will receive Mevvy registration emails when they register, Ask or Ask Mevvy personnel will receive communications relating to Your questions or request, Users may receive updates and notices about questions they are asking or answering, other posts, Your accounts, and new features and policies; these communications are considered part and parcel of Your service and You may not be able to opt out of them. Mevvy may contact You about new services, special offers, promotions, and third-party / affiliate offers, and will include in any such emails an opt-out link by which You can opt out of receiving such emails. Our customer care and other departments may contact You and referral participants to attempt to address Your satisfaction with Mevvy and/or to ask how we can improve. Mevvy or its agents may contact You, including by telephone or email, including after Your Mevvy account has terminated or expired, and Your agreement to the Terms constitutes Your request that Mevvy contact and communicate with You, including by traditional mail, private courier, telephone (land and mobile), email, texts, or through social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Vimeo, and various blogs.
9. We may use and disclose Your information if we believe, in good faith, that it is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; in response to third party subpoena’s; to protect Mevvy from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to assist government law enforcement and regulatory agencies; to protect the security or integrity of a Mevvy Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Mevvy, our Users, or others. We may disclose User information to affiliated companies or other businesses or persons to provide web site hosting, maintenance, and security services; fulfill orders; conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; and assist us in improving the Mevvy Sites and Services, and in creating new services and features.
Links and Advertising
You should also be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information in an email or other communications with any third party listed on the Site or in other materials, that information, along with any other information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and correlated and used by such third parties and may result in your receiving unsolicited messages from other persons. Such collection, correlation, use and messages are beyond our control.
1. Steps we take to keep your information secure. The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to adequately safeguard and secure the information we collect on the Site from unauthorized access.
2. Risks inherent in sharing information. Notwithstanding our commitment to protect your information, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. Additionally, there also is some risk our security systems could be circumvented or breached. As a result, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If you have any questions regarding the security on the Site or of the Services you can contact our privacy team at the address and email set forth above.
How You Can Change or Remove Information
1. Editing your information. You are responsible for providing accurate information when registering with any portion of the Site that requires registration, or performing other functions that might require you to submit personally identifiable information to the Site. If you wish to correct any personally identifiable information you have provided to us, you may do so by contacting our privacy team at the address and email set forth above.
2. Deactivating or deleting your account. If you want to stop using your account you may deactivate it or delete it. The account can only be deleted by providing notice to us by contacting our privacy team at the address and email set forth above. When you deactivate an account, no user will be able to see it, but it will not be deleted. We save your profile information in case you later decide to reactivate your account. Many users deactivate their accounts for temporary reasons and in doing so are asking us to maintain their information until they return to the Site. You will still have the ability to reactivate your account and restore your profile in its entirety. When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from the Site. You should only delete your account if you are certain you never want to reactivate it.
3. Backup copies. Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies, but will not be available to others.
As noted above, you may at any time opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us and/or request that we discontinue providing your basic contact information to third parties by contacting our privacy team at the address and email set forth above. Please note that if you decide to opt-out of receiving promotional information or request that we discontinue providing your basic contact information, your change in preference will only affect future contacts; if the information already has been provided to third parties, they may continue to use it.
The Site is for general audiences and is not directed toward those under 13 years of age.
IF YOU ARE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD UNDER 13 WHO HAS BECOME A Mevvy SUBSCRIBER, THEN PLEASE CONTACT Mevvy AT email@example.com TO HAVE THAT CHILD’S ACCOUNT TERMINATED AND INFORMATION DELETED.
Consent to Collection and Processing in the United States
Please also see our Terms and Conditions.